Moving

It's that time of the year again, rather, time of the season, where I must find a new place to live. The lease at The View expires August 1, but since I have been living on someone else's bed (the old tenant's furniture), our apartment will be empty as of tomorrow. That includes cookware, and anything else you can think of. It's perfectly fine, because she was generous enough to lend it to us for the summer, so there's no complaints from us!!

This summer I lived out of a laundry basket and a plastic tote full of clothes, so I don't have much stuff. Also, Jake's room at the apartment is open the few more nights I need to stay in Lincoln, so everything worked out perfectly. Jake is living in the UNL dorms now and won't move into his apartment until school starts. After camp is over, I'll return home to stay a few days and pack more items to move into Gamma Phi Beta. 

Before I turned 18 I had never ever moved. (This is sad I know) I'm currently on my sixth or seventh move ( we move at semester in Gamma Phi), so you'd think I'd be a master. 



Two tips that have helped me:

1. Pack light (Like I said, I lived out of a couple plastic totes this summer)

2. Get a boyfriend (or any man-friends) and beg them to help out! Plus your friends may need help too! (My five-man roomies will be thankful!)  Jake is such a help with all of my moves, and I do my best helping him move in and out of places too.


Enjoy these lame animal memes about moving that I found in a google image search:





Hope you found humor in these, Happy Wednesday! 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment